I have to say that my mom, however wacky and zany and super-fun she is, is also absolutely amazing. At the beginning of this summer, her husband passed away...3 days before they were leaving on vacation ( the Alanis Morissette song "Ironic" plays in my head). She waded through it all like a champ! Pearl Harbor Day was his birthday. I told her I was really sorry. She said it was a good day. She thought to herself, either I can hang out and mope, or I can celebrate. She had all of the kids and grand kids in the area over for dinner. They fixed his favorite foods, played cards and put a wreath on his grave. Go Mom!
Sometimes the daily routine can turn into drudgery when my perspective deflates. My goal for the coming year is to celebrate more.
It also makes me very thankful for wonderful family. What a fantastic comfort they can be.
12/23/13 Email
12 years ago



1 comment:
Ditto there Girl! Remind me to do the same.
Post a Comment