Wednesday, December 10, 2008

World Records and Spoiled Princesses

Jess thought it would be better if we turned off the music and she just sang to me. For anyone familiar with the song "Book of Mormon Stories", here's her new spin. "Long ago their fathers swam from far across the sea..." Wow! I wonder if Michael Phelps is a direct descendant!
Wrapped in a fleece blanket, Jess transformed herself into Princess Hot Spoiled, and I was given the honor of being her prince, Prince Roof. Eventually, as all good princes do, I proposed marriage. We had been playing for quite a while and was hoping to wrap the whole thing up in a nice happily-ever-after sort of way...denied!!! She told me she was going away for 10 days because her father said I didn't love her enough. " I need to find a prince who loves me to China." Eventually she conceded to the marriage (because she needed to help me finish the dishes). As she's exiting to put the blanket back she says, " I lied to you. I'm not really leaving for 10 days, just for one. You'll be okay without me for that long." I'm thinking as long as you're back before the dish water gets cold, I'm good with it!

1 comment:

David and Esther said...

You are such a great Mom! I look up to you so much. Sometimes it's hard to take time out from the things that "Need" to get done and play with our kids. I don't do it enough but I can see that you are helping Jesse so much by giving her that extra time.

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?