Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Literacy Night




Jess sometimes loses her eyes when she smiles so she's trying to keep them open!



Tuesday night was Family Literacy Night. They had a variety of fun modes for the kiddies to experience letters and language. Steve was working swings so Jess and I went. It was an adventure. We had a grand time. The final events for us were a snow flake hat/ face painting station and then a follow the directions to decorate your cookie station; both messy! Jess painted her hat and I painted her face as directed (by Jess). Then came the cookie part. Her teacher was there..and so were m&m's. all directions were thrown out the window. She only wanted m&m's. Yep, her's was covered in "m's". After she ate those off, ands with a great big chocolaty smile, she announced she'd made the cookie for me. Yummmmm. All that hard work accidentally fell into the trash bin on the way out.




No comments:

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?