I picked Jess up from school on Tuesday. In the course of our discussion in the car,she found that I had been at a meeting the entire time she was at school. She was mortified. Not because I had to sit through the most boring, mentally oatmeally, meeting in the world, but because she thought Sander was home all by herself and crying. Thank Heavens Steve was working swings. I told her, "Dad was home with Sander." Suddenly the clouds of disgruntlement parted, the sun came out and the birds were singing. In a very cheery voice she said, "Oh! She likes handsome boys! She wasn't crying!" Good thing Steve has "handsome" on his list of handy skills!
Later that day I was on the computer, and Jess came in. All sugar and smiles, she gave me one of her apple slices. I thought, oh how nice, my sweety daughter is sharing with me. It sort of made me feel tender in my heart. That was short lived. She slyly leaned over and whispered in my ear, "It's poisoned." She looked at me with a melodramatically serious face and then smiled and said "Just Kidding!!!" The apple did almost kill me; not poison, but from choking on it while laughing. I think we better lay off the fairy tales.
12/23/13 Email
12 years ago



1 comment:
Hi Emily! It´s been a long time.. I came across your blog and have really enjoyed reading your posts. Sounds like you have a fun little girl! How´s life?
Post a Comment