Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloweek!

This week has been entirely saturated with Halloweenie-ness. She had a Pumpkin Hunt, a Halloween program at school, a dance class party, a friend party, Boo at the Zoo, a costume parade, and then Trunk-or-Treat. It was a load of fun!
I found a silk Asian outfit at a thrift shop for a few $, got 2 pair of chopsticks form the Chinese restaurant in town, painted them, and put them in her hair. With the help of a little eyeliner to create more almond shaped eyes, voila! Mulan! Coincidentally when went to the Boo at the Zoo, our little buddy was Mushu,the dragon.
It was fun to see the animals at night. They had the zoo all lit up and local businesses had treats for them and then they could do crafts too. I got stuck when it was time to leave. I backed up too far and ended up with the back 2 tires too far down the slope of the park's hill to get back onto the road. I ended up backing down the hill, and driving through the park. DUH! I have 4 wheel drive. I must have been in a sugar coma!
At our friend's Halloween party, Jessica drank(Kool-aid) like a fish. There were so many fun kids around, she didn't make it too the bathroom when she wanted to. All of the moms were visiting when we heard her yell for Konia, one of the other moms, not me. ( FYI This mom looks like Giselle from Enchanted. When we watch that show I always say to Jessica " Oh! There's Konia!") I went in to see what was going on. She told me she wanted Konia, because she could fix her wet pants for her. I don't know if she thought that Konia could sing and little birdies would bring her dry panties or what! It was hard not to laugh at her. We had the talk about listening to your body. Very penitently she told me, "Mom, I think my body was saying' My Little One tickles! My Little One tickles!' , and I didn't listen. I almost wet my pants laughing!

No comments:

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?