Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Allergies

While I was making dinner Jess flew her bird into the kitchen. Attached to the back was a little stuffed poodle. She asked me if I noticed anything. OK, sometimes when I'm doing 50 things at once I may miss a few things, but the poodle was obvious. I know a crazy explanation will also be attached. Bring it on. "So the bird saved the the poodle from the dinosaurs. They eat birds and poodles you know. If the bird wouldn't have saved the poodle, he would have died! And Mom, he's allergic to that."
Later at dinner, she was allergic to her food.

No comments:

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?