Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sing, Sing a song....

Yesterday we watched our friends' children. They are fabulous kids. Jess had a blast with them! The girls played ponies almost the entire time. Megan would decide the script, and Jess would direct..."no, you need to say it like this" followed by a melodramatic demonstration. It was hilarious!
Later, we met our friends at a Christmas party to enjoy good company, good food, and to return their kids. There was a program that included the primary kiddies singing. Hearty guffaw! Jess managed to position herself front and center on the stage. She sang with all that she had, smacking her legs and flapping her arms and bouncing, almost in rhythm! She even worked in a few nose pick ops between songs. Awesome. It was funny. I'm so glad she loves good music. Go Jess!

No comments:

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?