Monday, January 19, 2009

Dr. Jess, medicine woman

I made Jess an apron (with my mad sewing skills..hahahahaha!) and got her a couple of kiddie cook books for Christmas. Now she always wants to make things from it. "Lets make this picture!" Tonight she was desperate for pancakes. She was making them. Somehow in the process she went backward off her stool and landed on her caboose. She got up rubbing her backside. I fell on my bottom, Mom. It hurts. I'll probably get some bum disease now."
Nice diagnosis.

2 comments:

David and Esther said...

It would be such a shame if she got bum disease with such a cute little touchie! Miss you guys. Hope you're winter is going good! another disease to watch out for is Cabin Fever. That's going around this time of year. We've got it bad at our house.

Palmer's Paradise said...

I have a cure for that! Come to our house!!! : )

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?