Saturday, February 28, 2009

a yearning...

Martha was an average dog, until she ate some alphabet soup and the results were bazaar! The letters got mixed up and went to her brain and now she has much to say. It's a PBS show about a talking dog that Jess adores..I might like it too. They teach fantastic vocabulary in an effective way. Beyond the vocabulary. it's chucked full of moral fiber and who couldn't use some fiber? Last week, Wednesday or Thursday-ish, one of the words was "yearn". They explained that it meant to want something really badly. Jessica took it for a test drive to see how she could use it. She did a good job, and I forgot about it. Today we were watching some Saturday morning cartoons ( we really don't watch TV all of the time) an add for Chuck E. Cheese aired. With a very serious expression on her mug she told me, "Mom, I yearn for Chuck E. Cheese". I yearned for air! Hearty Guffaw!

3 comments:

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

Funny Jess. Is she a word girl fan too! Connor loves word girl!
I am making my blog private but I don't have your e-mail so I can invite you to view it. please e-mail me your address at zarate@cascadeaccess.com

Amanda said...

Hilarious!! Pretty much dito Gina, she beat me to it. I need your email too. huz_kids@yahoo.com

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

Hey Em I was ready these books to my boys and I just thought you and JEss would love them. They are Fancy Nancy books by Jane O'Connor. They are sooo cute. my boys like them but I think little girls would get a bigger kick out of them. they also help teach vocabulary in the form of FANCY words. any way just thought you would like them if you get a chance.

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?