It's time to start blogging again...4 years is a significant enough break!
I'm in the middle of ...well it's not really potty training, but with mucho intensity of motherly influence persuading my little man to pee in the toilet. It's sort of hit and miss. Lots of folks like to share their methodologies. One recently was just let him run around with no pants on. He likes this a lot, maybe toooo much. (Happily our location is rural.) When in this mode, I discovered the hard way it is equally important to tell him where NOT to do his business as it is to encourage use of the toilet and the fun flushie sounds. So I explained where to go, where not to go...the carpet, the couch, the laundry bin, etc. Yesterday evening he got out of the bathtub and was having a moment of "freedom". I was busy doing some important mom chore and he came to me with very wet hands and told me he needed to take his hands to the toilet. ???!!!
He had cupped his hands and peed into them. We took his hands to the bathroom, washed them, lotioned them with hand sanitizer, and had a little talk. We added into-your-own-hands on the list of place not to.
12/23/13 Email
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment