Monday, November 10, 2008

Tommy Girl

While I was making dinner, Jess was practicing for the 2012 olympics by running " the loop" in our house (through the kitchen, laundryroom, my bathroom and bed room, through the livingroom, and dining room and into the kitchen again). Suddenly I heard a thunk, "ughhh" and then laughter. She decided, a bit too late, that as she ran throught the kitchen she was going to slap my backside. She was still going full throtle when she missed and slammed into the fridge...where the handle is! I'm glad she was laughing. I had her show her dad, and tell him "it doesn't hurt so much here or here, but right here..." We were cracking up. There was a big red line down her smilimg face! Later I heard her telling her friend about it. She said she had gotten a "Tommy Boy" on her face! Laughter again!

No comments:

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?