Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sunday Super Star

Jess did not want to bathe tonight. I explained that she needed to because she was singing with the Primary tomorrow in Sacrament Meeting. Sudden excitement..."DO I Get TO Be On The Stage?!!" She was ready to bathe! I was telling Steve about our star-struck girlie when she came in our room. Steve, being the super dad he is, decided to give her some pointers...the basic don't pick your nose and keep your hands out of your mouth. She was good with that. She likes to slap out the time on her leg, or the syllables, or maybe it's just falling asleep. Anyway, he told her a few things she could do. She immediately came back with "I'm going to twirl!!!" as she demonstrate. She would clean a few clocks if she twirled like that! I don't think that's what they meant by "sleeping in heavenly peace". We had to review the reasons twirling might not be the best choice. Steve had to do it. I was laughing too hard. Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dad wants to know did Jess pick her Nose? How did it turn out? Hope to see you this week end! We Love your Guts!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!

Mad Hatter Cake, Mad Skills!!!
Happy Birthday from Pollyanna

Happy Schmappy Birthday to me!

So, I know this is late, not that anyone is surprised...but I wanted to say thanks to the girls for the fun birthday lunch. ( I wrote proper Thank You notes and delivered about half of them so far..duh.) And then to make it even sweeter, Pollyanna (who has entirely admirable talents) made me a fantastic fondant mad hatter birthday cake! She made the fondant out of marshmallow so it tasted as wonderful as it looked! I took pictures of the art.

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten

Jess and Wes on the first day of Kindergarten
Jess woke up on this particular morning in rare form. She usually doesn't care what she's wearing; her birthday suit is just as good as anything else. On this day inparticular, she informed me that she didn't want any bows or bands and that she had her clothes picked out. Was that Kindergarten or 8th grade?